We are delighted to introduce you to our Parent-Teacher Association (PTA), a dedicated group of parents and staff working together to enhance the educational experience of our students.
Parental involvement is crucial in creating an enriching and nurturing environment for every child. By actively participating in the PTA, you will not only contribute to the growth and success of our school but also have the opportunity to develop meaningful relationships with fellow parents and staff and build lasting friendships. It is through these connections that we create a strong sense of community, where everyone feels supported, valued, and empowered to make a difference.
We meet approximately once a month, but even if you can’t make the meetings, there are numerous ways to get involved and make a positive impact on your child’s educational journey.
Whether you’re a seasoned parent or new to the school, the PTA warmly welcomes your participation and values your unique perspectives, talents, and contributions. Your involvement will not only benefit your child but also leave a lasting impact on the entire school community. Together, we can build an environment where our children thrive academically, socially, and emotionally.
We look forward to meeting you and embarking on this exciting journey together as members of the Barns Green Primary School PTA. Welcome aboard, and let’s make a positive difference in the lives of our children!
The role of the PTA
The voluntary committee members are passionate about maximising our children’s school experience and organise fun events to raise money that goes directly back into the school to pay for extra equipment, activities and resources that the school does not have the funds to pay for. All requests for funds are discussed and come from the staff, the children and parents. A few examples include:
- Playground equipment, including the adventure trail
- Lego computer equipment
- PE equipment
- Classroom and library books
- A disco
How can you help
Any of these are much appreciated. Helping at an event doesn’t commit you to helping in the future. We appreciate how busy life is and understand that time is tight for everyone:
- Attend PTA meetings and actively participate in discussions and the decision-making processes
- Volunteer to assist with specific events or with pre-loved school uniform sales
- Offer your skills and expertise to assist with PTA initiatives, such as marketing, baking, graphic design, social media or event planning or to help enrich the children’s experiences by organising educational sessions on topics of interest
- Join the PTA committee to contribute to the organisation’s leadership and decision-making
- Share your ideas, suggestions, and feedback with the PTA committee and actively contribute to the development of school events
- Engage with other parents and encourage their involvement in PTA activities
- Support PTA fundraising efforts by promoting events, volunteering your time, or donating resources or services